Bangi Kopitiam is one of the established brands involved in Food and Beverage that offers business ownership through the franchising system. There are several options available under the franchise program of Bangi Kopitiam which is dependent on the size of each outlet.
Best local cuisine
Bangi Kopitiam offers a wide range of local delights and dishes where its signature dishes include the aromatic Nasi Lemak Rendang Ayam, the Ipoh Mee Kari, Roti Mersing, Mee Udang and the Nasi Dagang Mak Teh, among others.
Various options available
Owning and running a Bangi Kopitiam outlet is very convenient where there are 3 main options available where you will be part of the growing brand of coffee places under Bangi Kopitiam.
To date, there are about 20 outlets operating around Malaysia that include Putrajaya, Ampang and many others.
- The first option is the Micro Franchise outlet in which it will take about 70 square feet of space. Setting up of this business is RM42,000 without the need for any food deposit. The royalty fee is 3% of the monthly gross income while 1% of the income will be used for Advertising and Promotions.
- For an intermediate lot, the size is not more than 1,400 square feet which require a RM280,000 set up fee. 5% of royalty fees and 2% of A&P will be required while you will need to pay RM50,000 as a food deposit and another RM25,000 in stocks.
- For corner lot outlets, the setup fee is RM470,000 while royalty and A&P fees are the same as above.
What do our experts say?
The F&B business is a market segment that is very dynamic and vibrant. Getting into this business can be challenging and daunting as well. Thus, it is imperative that you have the commitment to see it through and the passion to run before starting.
- Brand Reputation – Known with the locals especially around the southern parts of Klang Valley. Still has some way to go to establish in other regions.
- Initial Capital – Would require about RM500,000 to start.
- Return on Investment – Slightly on the challenging part and might take 3 to 4 years to breakeven.
- Location – Very important, preferably in high traffic locations with convenience of parking spaces.
- Customer Segment – Families.
- Franchise Fees – RM80,000
- Royalty Fees – 5%
The Final Word
Bangi Kopitiam offers one of the many options to run a coffee and local food place. This franchise is a good and sound investment if you have a strong interest in running a food business for the long-term as it will take some time to build your customer base.
The entry cost is not as high as other brands in the market which is more established and renowned but that means there will be some extent of promotions from your end to create a strong name in your market.