The education and enrichment industry has been growing exponentially especially in the last decade or so. This is because parents are starting to understand the importance of the English Language and the need for additional skills.
International English Curriculum
One of the most popular names offering international English Language programmes is the CEFL or Cambridge English For Life. It is actually the largest network of language centres in Malaysia with more than 60 outlets across the country.
CEFL offers accredited and ready-to-launch programmes in the English Language for children from as early as 4 years old all the way to adults. Throughout the years, the programmes have been improved and fine-tuned to support the needs of today’s environment.
Long and proven track record
The CEFL has been around for around 20 years and is the market leader when it comes to educating people in the English Language. It encapsulates an effective and proven teaching and learning methodology.
Registered with the MDTCC or Ministry of Domestic Trade, Cooperative and Consumerism, the CEFL is a good way to start a business in this sector as it is stable and in some ways, recession-proof.
What do our experts say?
If you are planning to go into the education sector, starting with an established brand can give you a lot of mileage as you have a ready pool of customers.
- Brand Reputation – Very established and strong brand image.
- Initial Capital – About RM200,000 to RM300,000 depending on location.
- Return on Investment – Once the operations stabilizes after the first year, you should have a steady income.
- Location – New residential areas. Usually in shop-lots.
- Customer Segment – Families and young parents.
- Franchise Fees – RM50,000 to RM60,000
- Royalty Fees – 18% of the tuition fees.
The Final Word
CEFL is a very established brand has been around for a long time now and is the current market leader as well. This is a good business to invest in if you have a good location (not crowding with other CEFLs) and funds to sustain for the first few years.