In what is seen as a show of unity, a video made the waves in YouTube entitled ‘Hebat Negarku’. The title means ‘My country is great!’. Everyone once a while, a YouTube video will surface and everyone will talk about it but this is somewhat different…
What is the buzz?
The Hebat Negaraku video was professionally made with a steady flow and stream. The gist of the video is the message and the people delivering the message. There is no better time to promote unity and foster the Malaysian spirit and songs like these surely give everyone a spirit-lifter.
The people performing the song came from 14 heads of Malaysian GLCs (Government-Link Companies). That itself would draw a lot of inspiration for Malaysians from all walks of life.
And they not only sung
Among the highlights of the performance are:
On the guitars were:
- Axiata Group chief corporate officer Mohamad Idham Nawawi
- Sime Darby Property Berhad managing director Datuk Seri Amrin Awaluddin and
- UEM Sunrise chairman Tan Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa
RHB Banking Group CEO Datuk Khairussaleh Ramli played the drums while the other members who were involved in the song included:
- CIMB Group Holdings Berhad CEO Datuk Seri Zafrul Aziz
- Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad CEO Khairul Kamarudin
- Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad managing director Tan Sri Mohamad Salim Fateh Din
- Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad managing director Datuk Mohd Badlisham and
- UEM Group Berhad CEO Datuk Izzaddin Idris
- Telekom Malaysia Berhad CEO Datuk Seri Mohammed Shazalli Ramly
- Lembaga Tabung Haji managing director Datuk Seri Johan Abdullah,
- Affin Bank Berhad CEO Kamarul Ariffin Mohd Jamil
- Pharmaniaga Berhad managing director Datuk Farshila Emran
- Malaysia Airlines Berhad CEO Captain Izham Ismail.
The video, which was released in 2018 might involve some members who might have left their positions at the present time but it surely is a message worth sending out with a strong marketing move.