The telecommunications sector in Malaysia is a thriving one with major players like Maxis, Celcom and Digi being at the front line of the market.
Bursa Malaysia listed company
Maxis Berhad has been the market leader for mobile postpaid services for many years. This leading communications service provider in Malaysia trades its public shares on Bursa Malaysia under stock code 6012. Over the years, the share price of Maxis has been very steady and strong, often withholding many challenges throughout the years.
Background and Awards
In the last few years alone, Maxis has garnered a wide range of awards, being recognized for its exemplary track record and success. Among them include:
- No 7 Most Effective Global Brand in the Global Effie Effectiveness Index
- World’s Top Brand in the Telco Category from Asia in the WARC100 2017
- Ranked 1596 in the 2017 Forbes Global 2000
- Winner of the 2017 Asian Human Capital Award
- Gold in the Super Big Cap Companies category for Highest Return on Equity Over Three Years (2014 – 2016) in the YouTube Malaysia Ads Awards
The Maxis brand has been one of the most recognized and reputable ones in Malaysia. In fact, the green motif logo has been performing extremely well over the years. While it has been the market leader in the telco sector for many years, there has been a lot of competition, especially from the closest rivals Digi and Celcom. Besides that, there have been several new smaller players like U Mobile and XOX which are slowly but steadily gaining traction in the consumer sectors. There is a need to constantly change the products and offerings while market pressure is strong to offer more competitive products to ensure consumers are satisfied.